To make our work possible, we are looking for women interested in committing themselves to serving pregnant and parenting mothers and their children. In serving at the Fr. Michael J McGivney Center of Hope and Healing, staff members are expected to:
- Live in community with pregnant women, new moms, newborns and other staff members
- Participate in community functions, staff house meetings, celebrations, house retreats etc.
- Provide house coverage answering the phone, welcoming visitors etc.
- Act as a contact person providing one-on-one support and guidance to a mom
- Assume administrative duties ie volunteer coordination, donation management, staff recruitment, giving presentations, writing thank you notes, etc.
- Challenge themselves to deeply embrace the mission and core values of the community
- Respect life from conception to natural death
To support staff members in their service, the McGivney Center provides:
- Cute babies
- Dynamic community life opportunities for professional spiritual and personal growth chances to touch the lives of others helping in the present while providing for the future